Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Energy prices (slightly OT)

In article ,
F news@nowhere wrote:
In article ,
F news@nowhere wrote:
In article ,
F news@nowhere wrote:
On 15/12/2017 20:31, newshound wrote:
Been dual fuel with Ovo (Which? best customer feedback) for a while,
decided to check the Which? switch site and found I can save over
£300 pa on two separate fixed price contracts. Internet, no paper,
direct debit of course.

Relatively painless apart from the hassle of setting up two DDs
rather than one. Nice to have the easy option to view fixed price
contracts only.

Sign up at https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub and
there's even less pain: you get an email when there's a cheaper
tariff.

I use Flipper. Does it all for you - for an annual fee. To me, good
value.

Why pay when it's easy enough to use the MSE club, diy the change and
collect, as often as not, cashback for switching?

I don't want 'cashback' Just a way of concealing the true charges.

But you using Flipper won't stop cashback. Flipper will continue to
receive it, along with your £25.

They said in their blurb they didn't. But perhaps none of the companies
that do cashback are offering the best deal anyway. If you think about it.

As they are the cheapest available and you get cash back they must offer
the best deal.

Maybe flipper doesn't include all the deals like MSE does?

You don't get cash back on all the deals on MSE because with some of the
suppliers you can *only* switch to them by going to their web site or
using the phone so they probably aren't on flipper in the first place.

However MSE will tell you about them without you having to tick extra
boxes to include them like uswitch, etc.