Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Energy prices (slightly OT)

"dennis@home" wrote in message
web.com...
In article ,
F news@nowhere wrote:
On 15/12/2017 20:31, newshound wrote:
Been dual fuel with Ovo (Which? best customer feedback) for a while,
decided to check the Which? switch site and found I can save over £300
pa on two separate fixed price contracts. Internet, no paper, direct
debit of course.

Relatively painless apart from the hassle of setting up two DDs rather
than one. Nice to have the easy option to view fixed price contracts
only.

Sign up at https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub and there's
even less pain: you get an email when there's a cheaper tariff.

I use Flipper. Does it all for you - for an annual fee. To me, good
value.

Not very good value as you can get cash back for switching to a cheaper
supplier and it doesn't take any more effort than using flipper anyway.
I got £30 last time and got the cheapest fixed tariff available at the
time.
It works because the switching site gets paid by the supply company,
flipper get paid twice, once by them once by you.
I got a percentage of what the switcher got paid so we were both in profit
and happy.

I'm getting paid $250 to change to a supplier with the cheapest power for
me.