Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Pedestal Mounted Vise

On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 07:11:56 -0800
Larry Jaques wrote:

On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 10:00:23 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Mon, 27 Nov 2017 16:20:17 -0400
Leon Fisk wrote:

snip

[...]

Had a chance to move this where I could take some pictures:

http://www.iserv.net/~lfisk/weldtable-1.jpg

http://www.iserv.net/~lfisk/weldtable-2.jpg

http://www.iserv.net/~lfisk/weldtable-3.jpg

I just slip a hand-truck underneath to move outside or walk it on two
legs. Used mostly for sharpening mower blades and small welding
projects. Really like the added vice and mounted locking plier.

The aluminum crossbar in image one is for a welding ground clamp.
I thought the aluminum to steel connection might go bad at some point
but well over 20 years now and it hasn't...

That's a cool little table. It looks very handy and versatile, yet
compact. 2 vises + threaded holes = nice.

The holes are stepped, not threaded so the locking plier will mount
flush to the table. I've got two of them, only one made it into the
picture. They have a loop shaped nut below. Very much like this from HF
if not the same:

https://www.harborfreight.com/9-inch...amp-36221.html

They work really nice for holding down a mower blade while sharpening
with an angle grinder.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b