Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Load capacity of 200-amp panel

On 12/13/2017 10:05 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 8:51:42 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Wow need a load calculation. Just to put my 2 cents in 8 years after this convo started I have 200 amp service but a calculated load (adding amperage from each individual breaker) of 610 amps. You have to take into consideration at least in my panel I have 6 separate 20 amp single pole breakers for light fixtures and outlets in individual rooms of my home. Just consider a light bulb it might pull 2 amps

That would be a 240 watt bulb.

so 1 20 amp breaker for the master bedroom would allow me to have approximately 11 100 watt light bulbs on at once in a 625 SQ foot room....pulling approx 22 amps without tripping the breaker. Overkill

eleven 100 watt bulbs would pull 9 amps, not 22. And 22 amps would trip a
20 amp breaker.

Other than that, did you have a point?

I'm wondering what is going on in the Master Bedroom with eleven 200
watt bulbs. Movie production?