Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pedestal Mounted Vise

On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 10:00:23 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Mon, 27 Nov 2017 16:20:17 -0400
Leon Fisk wrote:

snip
A 3.5 inch mounted to my small movable welding stand. That turned out
really nice. Dad scrounged it years ago and we added to it.
Originally a car rim on the bottom, around 4x4 inch tube with a 9/16
narrow rectangular plate on top. Dad had me weld three angle iron legs
to the rim so it wouldn't be all tipsy. I drilled half a dozen holes
through the top for bolt mount vise grips when I added the vise. Works
really nice for holding small things for welding and grinding.

Had a chance to move this where I could take some pictures:

http://www.iserv.net/~lfisk/weldtable-1.jpg

http://www.iserv.net/~lfisk/weldtable-2.jpg

http://www.iserv.net/~lfisk/weldtable-3.jpg

I just slip a hand-truck underneath to move outside or walk it on two
legs. Used mostly for sharpening mower blades and small welding
projects. Really like the added vice and mounted locking plier.

The aluminum crossbar in image one is for a welding ground clamp.
I thought the aluminum to steel connection might go bad at some point
but well over 20 years now and it hasn't...

That's a cool little table. It looks very handy and versatile, yet
compact. 2 vises + threaded holes = nice.

--
A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full
description of a happy state in this world.