Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Stop cock won't turn off

On 2017-12-14, GB wrote:

[30 lines snipped]

I did turn off the stop cock under the sink in a different flat, then
got complaints from upstairs that they had no water!

*grin* In our last house our neighbours turned off their water and we
lost ours, too. Turned out our main was tee'd off theirs *after* the
external stopcock.

Some people may have heard this before, but...

Our supply had another supply tee'd off it after the external stopcock.
Internal one was jammed, so our plumber (tricky job I wasn't going to
attempt) turned it off externally.

Apparently this interrupted an 'assisted shower' in the brothel next
door.

Tee-hee.

I'll write down the whole story one day, including the shotgun siege and
the stuff through the letterbox.