Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default iPad 2

On Thursday, 14 December 2017 11:27:43 UTC, Andy Burns wrote:
whisky-dave wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

It seems an accepted truth among iThing users that each IOS upgrade
makes the device slower and slower

Same with PCs

Over the long term yes requirements have gone up, but recently not so
much, I have machines that started life as Win7, endured Win8.x and now
run Win10 and feel faster as a result.

Are you sure it wasn't because previous versions of windows were crap.
They did remove the memoery startup check in one version of windows (not those above) in order to speed up the machine but it was more of an illusion.
PCs that I have used also run faster when they are not virus checked, and when you switch off certains graphics tweeks in the past.

Don't forget that ipads haven't neen out very long to consider them as long term like PC computers have, PCs about 35 years iPad 7 years.