Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default iPad 2

On 14/12/17 10:28, Andy Burns wrote:
dennis@home wrote:

Tim+ wrote:

Should have mentioned that an iPad 2 will be painfully slow to use now
though and is overdue for replacement.

Why would it be slower than when it was bought?

It seems an accepted truth among iThing users that each IOS upgrade
makes the device slower and slower until they feel 'forced' to buy a new
one.

Yes. They are driven by marketing to accept each OS upgrade, but their
hardware won't support new features and either have to accept
performance crippling workarounds or reduced functionality otherwise.
Getting clarity from Apple whether an Upgrade is worthwhile per device
is difficult - but there are blogs, youtubers etc...

Security updates are still available for older OS platforms if folks
stick back like XP limpets, but I suspect whatever is still available
for the iPad 2 might be past that support?*. My 1G iPod touch certainly
is... and heading for the bin unless I sensibly can make it an internal
thin-client for something and block direct internet access.

* - dunno.

--
Adrian C