Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default iPad 2

On 14/12/2017 07:43, Tim+ wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Relation has one which won't power up. Not sure if it is just the power
supply - couldn't really find out if it worked on the battery for a while.
Can't really be a relation as had no backups whatsoever ;-)
Apple shop said it is too old to fix - they don't have spares.

If it were a PC, etc, I'd just remove the HD or SSD, stick it in a caddy,
and read it with another PC. But haven't a clue about ianythings.

It's going to be sent here so I can look at it - but would be nice to hear
from anyone who knows these things well.

Should have mentioned that an iPad 2 will be painfully slow to use now
though and is overdue for replacement.

Why would it be slower than when it was bought?

Surely apple would do the same as M$ do with win10 and make each release
of the OS a bit more responsive as well as adding features?

Maybe its just the apps that are getting bloated?