Posted to uk.d-i-y
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Stop cock won't turn off

On 12/13/2017 5:29 PM, Steve Walker wrote:
On 13/12/2017 17:25, S Viemeister wrote:
On 12/13/2017 11:54 AM, stuart noble wrote:

AFAIK water authorities are obliged to provide you with a stopcock in
the road. They will usually come along within a couple of days and
either unearth the original or put a new one in. How else could you
ever replace your internal stopcock?

Do you know if there's a charge for that? (in Scotland)

According to Scottish Water's website, the street (property boundary)
stopcock and meter are theirs and "We are responsible for the
maintenance and repair of both the stopcock and the water meter."

No street (a very rural area). The water main runs at an angle across
the field in front of the house. The stopcock is out behind the kitchen,
and there's no meter, we pay a flat yearly fee. Still, I suppose it
wouldn't hurt to ask them.