EL

Default Amana Dryer is taking longer

CBHvac wrote:
"Tony D." wrote in message
om...

Is there any possibility one of his 220v legs is out, or would that
not allow it to heat at all?
Just a thought.
Thanks, Tony D.

Good chance then, that his drum would not turn, even if the elements
warmed...altho, good idea.

I've had dryers with 120 volt motors, so the drum could turn even with
one leg out.

Boden

(David Efflandt) wrote in message

On 23 Nov 2003 04:20:36 GMT, Billccm wrote:

Hello:
My Amana Electric dryer (model LE8327W) is taking longer and longer to

dry the

clothes. It seems to heat, yet even on the non automatic timed cycle

it takes

about three hours to dry a full load.
I have read that a heating element may partially burn out; any

thoughts on

this? Could I use an ohm meter to determine the elements?
Would a cycle thermostat be the best first bet?
Any help is appreciated.
Bill

When you run it for awhile are the cloths hot or not. If hot but damp,
check for plugged vent. If not hot, it could be a heating element.

I had trouble with my gas dryer last spring. I went outside to see if

it

was blowing air and a dazed bird flew into my hand on its way out.
Apparently damp lint collected on the outside flapper last winter,

keeping

it from closing, and a bird made a nest in the vent, almost totally
blocking it.