Dan O.

Default Oven, Oven Clock stopped working

The Enigmatic One wrote in message ...

I have a White-Westinghouse electric oven
It has a mechanical clock on the front,
consisting of one dial that is the clock itself
as well as a timer, and two dials to set the
start and stop times for cooking. By pushing
in the stop time dial it is set to manual.

Last night, in the middle of use, the oven stopped
heating. At the time, I noticed that the clock is also
not working. After making sure that the knob was
set to manual, it still turned out to not be heating.

As it looks like getting a new clock, or getting the
clock rebuilt, is quite expensive

Just because the clocked stopped working does not necessarily mean the
timer contacts for the oven failed. In fact, I would think that would
be a fairly unlikely occurrence to happen at the same time. You might
want to consider a little more checking.

any suggestions for just bypassing the clock entirely?

You'd have to check the wiring diagram as Jeff said if you can't
determine which contacts in the clock's timer switch open and close to
bypass each of them.

Dan O.
-
Appliance411.com