Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

On Friday, 8 December 2017 14:00:47 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 8 Dec 2017 03:22:18 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip

There were no tools that were any use unless you can account for those variables.

And you can account for them by going 'worst case'.

To get a false result you mean.

To get an approximation of what is required, yes.

So what is the result then.

I'll re-word that *again* for you:

'Then you can calculate the result'.

If you just want a number then it might as well be 42.

So 42 it is then.

The result isn't something you pluck out of the air, it's something
you calculate using the information available using and the science
and maths that accompany such.

No **** sherlock.

You say John Rumm has given the tools if that is the case why canl;t you use those, can you at least explain that.

Yes, I can, very easily. No. The answer is 'no' because I don't have
the measurements and U values for the construction of your lab.

Neither do I.

But *you* can find out eh?

Not for construction I can't,

Why not? Does it look like brick on the outside? Where there has been
any damage to the inside does it look like breeze blocks or
plasterboard etc?

I dodn;t****ing know it;s covered in scaffolding that is sheted over and they are putting cladding on it anyway.
They hae ripped all the old stuff off with the view to replacing it all.

Look at the ****ing picture if yuo want to know.

no more so that yuo can get the construction detaila for grenfell tower or any other building.

No more that you could get you mean? I might have a chance, given
reasonable access and under the same conditions your labs are
currently under.

then do it.

And you have asked about the fabric of the building have you (not
electrical or other stuff because they are builders not electricians).

Why do you think I should have

I don't.

It has nothing to do with me. All building work come under teh estates department NOT me.
Are yuo realy that stupid that you think that the secaretires in the offices know the building regulations too.

You're tottaly clueless aren't you.

or even need construction details.

To work out the answer to your question of 'How many radiators'.

So do it then.

It has nothing to do with me.

It seems it is since you posted about the heaters here.

All I wanted to know was what power a 2KW heater delivers but you can't even get that right saying it's 1300W.

I don't give a **** about the building, I don;t own in I'm not in charge of it.
Perjhps instead yuo should contact the principles of he college. Some earn close to 1/2 million a year if they don't know what makes you think a technicain would know.

I'm not going to try measuring the lab using 1 metre rulers either.

Why not, can't get past 10m without taking your socks off?

Why would I need to take my socks off. ?

FFS! To count past ten you thicko!

I don;t need to do that to count pased 10 I;ve already told you what the lengh width and hieght is can;t yuo work out it out from those figures.
I've linked to pictures from inside and outside but you still havent; a clue have you.

You have given me rough dimensions of the lab, that's it.

Then ****ing well use them.
Or do you really need measurements made with a micrometer ?

I know now you;re just trolling.

So another excuse is it.

The lab is 15 metres long.
The lab is 12 metres long.
It is 3 metres high.

So what excuses do you have left ?

Doors, windows, fabric, temperature requirements ...

You thick ****er.
The dorods are those that have been installed and on video.
windows well I dhad no idea what sort of windows were to be installed, so it wouuld be difficult, fabric what ficuking fabric .
As for temerature I just want the legal limit would be OK by me.
So look up what that is unless uo;re too stupid to do that and yuo need me to hold yuor hand.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/35ntzcnna5...1940s.jpg?dl=0

see windows.

Oh yes, windows! Who would have thought ... rolls eyes

So tell me about these windows.

Now, what size are they ...

Look at the ****ing pictures.

Well we aren't really interested in anything that is temporary,
especially if it isn't fully sealed etc.

FFS of course we are.
That's the whole point you dumb arse.
While the building work is going on and the heating system refurbished, rebuilt or started again from scratch we need heating in the lab.

As I said before this was meant to be finshed completed ended in August !.

Once the building work has finshed the new heating system once installed will be turned on and put into use then the tempory heating in the lab will go into storeage until the next time an earea is refurbished. Or when the heating system fails.
But I'm hopping like the new graduate centre that the corridors are above 12C and the labs and classrooms are at least 16C preferable 20C, I;d lioke to be able to control the lab temeratures too, previousl;y thre was NO thermostates and NOP controls for the labs, the only 'control' was whether to have the windows open or close and whether or not to have heaters OR fans on.

Do you know those doing the work have temporey lighting and they connect their 110V equipment via their isolating step down transformers to the mains in this building 110V is a tempory set up too just like the heating is.

What is the construction of the walls?

Reinforced concrete like a lot of building of the 1950s-60s.

Ok, we are getting there ... but is it solid though to the inside or
is the inside lined with something (like plasterboard on a studwork of
some sort). If you knock on the inside of a plain bit of outside wall,
does it sound hollow or solid and if you look at the edge of the outer
wall (say at a window), how thick does it look?

I don't know and I don't care. I'm two floors up.
It has nothing to do with me, how many more times do you need telling.

If you want to know look at the ****ing pictures.
But you're too stupid to do that even

A pictue is worth a thousand words rememeber.

What is the construction of the ceiling and floor?

same I assume going by the noise created.

Ok.

How many doors and what size are they?

See all this info is avaible in the video.

Nope, that gives me no idea of the sizes of the doors, just measure
them ffs.

They are standard door size, nothig specail about them.
Typical for all schools colleges as the regualtions state they should be.

Apparently they are fire doors now whether that is a differnt spec from any other door I don't know.

Only goes to show how little a clue you have about all this the fact
that you fail to supply all the required information, in spite of
having it explained to you several times.

No on eworking in the premisies needs to kn ow such things you ****ing idiot.

You do, if you want to answer your own question.

It has NOTHING to do with my question.
Look at the subject title !

why does door size matter to how much a 2KW heater

uk.d-i-y ۼ
So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

Can you explain why shops selling this doesn;t have door sizes listed.

How many teachers do you think know the construction details of teh schools and classrooms they work in.

Irrelevant.

Very relivant.