Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Using all the ballance on prepaid cards.

In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:
On Thu, 07 Dec 2017 11:53:03 +0000, Michael Chare wrote:

How would you use all the balance on a prepaid Mastercard which you
can't top up? Do supermarkets in general allow multiple card payments?
e.g. Charge £40 to this prepaid card and the rest to a normal debit or
credit card.

My son regularly visits Tesco for late night food. He uses the self
checkout.

Empties all his spare change into the machine, then uses his card for
the rest. Probably works the other way round.

I tried to do that with the old pound coins I had lying around, before
they became no longer in use. The machines in my local Tesco didn't like
it. Kept on rejecting most of them. An assistant simply changed them into
a note. Of course some might have been forgeries - it was said there were
lots around. The new pound coins seem a lot better in machines.

-

--
*Don't worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.