Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

On 08/12/2017 11:36, whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 7 December 2017 20:26:23 UTC, Martin Brown wrote:
On 07/12/2017 20:18, T i m wrote:

what about the other two sets of swing doors, which go to
unheated corridor areas ?

Then they will be more relevant.

snip waffle

Indeed if they are open the room will lose the hot air at around
head height as it spills out and rises up on the wrong side of the
door.

Can an engineering department really be so clueless about basic
physics?

Yes they can, as this is the electric engineering building we have
**** all idea about heating even our head professor doesn't know
about such thigs.

You have already demonstrated conclusively that Ohm's law is beyond you.
God help the students in this frozen wasteland of "engineering".

They deserve to suffer from frostbite in the coming winter!

It's not me that will suffer it;s the students, and if tehy can;t
work out teh heating requitrements of a building then they should
have applied to come here should they.

If a bunch of electrical engineers cannot between them comprehend how to
compute the heat output of a resistive electric heater then quite
frankly it is time to give up. This is very basic physics/electronics.

You should not be allowed to try and teach any students at all.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown