Doc

Default Oven, Oven Clock stopped working

"The Enigmatic One" wrote in message
news7twb.2179$LV1.1118@okepread05...

I have a White-Westinghouse electric oven from (probably) the mid-80s.
It has a mechanical clock on the front, consisting of one dial that is
the clock itself as well as a timer, and two dials to set the start and
stop times for cooking. By pushing in the stop time dial it is set to
manual.

Last night, in the middle of use, the oven stopped heating. At the time,
I noticed that the clock is also not working. After making sure that the
knob was set to manual, it still turned out to not be heating. The
stove-top range works fine.

I opened the front panel to take a look, and the clock looks to be pretty
well integrated into the panel--however there is a portion that can come
off. As it looks like getting a new clock, or getting the clock rebuilt,
is quite expensive (gathered from a google groups search), any
suggestions for just bypassing the clock entirely?

-Tim

I assume you've checked the plug and circuit breaker...