Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

On Thu, 7 Dec 2017 07:58:49 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip daves wittering

So, as I said previously, the presence of the swing doors may not
impact the calcs if the temperatures are roughly the same on both
side. The chances are that will be more likely when the doors are open
rather than closed.

what about the other two sets of swing doors, which go to unheated corridor areas ?

Then they will be more relevant.

snip waffle

There were no tools that were any use unless you can account for those variables.

And you can account for them by going 'worst case'.

To get a false result you mean.

To get an approximation of what is required, yes.

What is the worst case then as far as temerature goes what would you use ?

I have already given you examples.

You haven't a clue about any of this have you.

Idiot.

Did you use the worst case for radiators, what would you say is the worst case output for a 2KW radiator ?

WTF are you waffling on about now?

You say John Rumm has given the tools if that is the case why canl;t you use those, can you at least explain that.

Yes, I can, very easily. No. The answer is 'no' because I don't have
the measurements and U values for the construction of your lab.

Neither do I.

But *you* can find out eh?

I'm not going to try measuring the lab using 1 metre rulers either.

Why not, can't get past 10m without taking your socks off?

So, neither you nor the establishment have a tape measure (or could
get one)?

And even if I did give you the measurements I doubt that'd help you as yuo;d still come up with excuses.

Oh the irony (idiot).

If you want to know how large the lab is use the video as a guide.

Idiot.

It takes me 21 strides do walk the lengh of lab 253 so about 15 metres from door to door,

So, it that a real measurement disguised with you normal weird BS or
just another example of dave weirdness?

the width is about 16 strides so about 12 metres, I can walk up to the ceiling,

I'm surprised you can't, with all your hot air.

but I;d say about 2.5 metres.

Rather than 'saying', why not actually measure it?

Now see if you can work it out then.

Nope, can't.

Of course you'll now come up with loads more excuses.

Yes, like, are there no windows?
What is the construction of the walls?
What is the construction of the ceiling and floor?
How many doors and what size are they?

Only goes to show how little a clue you have about all this the fact
that you fail to supply all the required information, in spite of
having it explained to you several times.

snip

How many times have I told you that if you do the bit that only you
can do, 'we' might be able to help you.

So what do you need to know?

See above and the previous 1000 emails.

the video is there,

Irrelevant.

snip bs

So you know it is triple glazed but can't find a way to work out how
big it is?

What do you mean by how big do you mean each frame or the entire installation.

For these purposes the size of the actual glass or an average width of
glass and frame.

The windows span the lengh of teh lab except the last meter,

Ok.

why they breezeblock the last one off I don't know and wasn't expecting them to.

Could they see you from anywhere via that window?

Your next excuse will be how many frames and what wood and thic=kness are the frames.

How many windows (facing the outside) yes.

snip

The windows also havent been sealed yet and I don't know how much differnce that makes, I can hear the person in the next office NOT through the walls but through where the windows meet at the edges.

That would make a big difference ... and something you might have
mentioned sooner.

would it really make a difernce if so how much because the heaters were order BEFORE the windows were even installed.

Yes, because this is all to do with the heat loss from the building,,
*nothing* to do with heaters (yet)..

snip

I can;lt predict how often the builders will leave teh exteranl doors open or for how long during the day or night.

Presumably that won't be happening indefinably?

Construction is planned to finish around April although the foirst estimate for the lab was August, that why we weren;t originally too worried we were told that if teh lab was too noise we would be moved out, and the temeratire wouldn't be a problem as it was summer time and we wouldn;t need any heating.

Ok.

As I've tried to expain there are too many variables of which I have no control overv and one of the biggest is the weather.

Understood ...

at last.

Nope, it's always been the case (unless you actually are God, rather
than just thinking you are)?

but you haven't even offered the information up for
those things you can measure. And as far as the weather goes, again
you calculate for the typical worst case. If the heaters can get the
lab(s) up to 20 DegC in one hour

But they can;t can they which is why I need to know how many I would need.

Step 1. Work out how much heat the building loses.

Today at 3:30pm it was about 20C which I think is fine,

I would say so.

but the heaters have been on full since 8:45am, and this is one of the warmest days.

Full input setting but possibly not on their highest output.

snip

So, are you going to carry on running away or start wandering around
with a notebook and tape measure?

Niether the lab manager is sending offical complients to managment.

About your incompetence and lack of effort?

But I know nothing much will happen.

Shame. ;-(

snip

If you can;t handle the real world

I can ...

then show me how to calculate what would be needed for a particualr size room about teh size of teh lab or any size YOU choose.

http://tippenergy.ie/wp-content/uplo...-heat-loss.pdf

http://www.open.edu/openlearn/nature...-section-2.4.1

Loads of examples there ... but everything requires the dimensions and
materials (as a starter).

I don;t know what type of wood the frames are made of

Irrelevant, other than they are wood.

and I didnl;t know the properties of teh sort of plasterboard that covered the windows,

Irrelevant.

adn I don't know the details regarding how much heat scafolding can have as shown in googlemaps.

Idiot.

Just stop being a tw*t and start by measuring all the relevant stuff
and listing their general construction (solid brick,cavity wall,
block, timber frame etc), You should have seen most of this as they
were replacing the windows.

Cheers, T i m