Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where to get car rear-deck speakers (haven't bought speakers in decades)

On Thu, 07 Dec 2017 07:15:02 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Thu, 7 Dec 2017 05:27:04 +0000 (UTC), harry newton wrote:

He who is Clare Snyder said on Wed, 06 Dec 2017 21:32:54 -0500:

With a few inches of slop the FWD starts having an advantage

Yes. With a few inches of snow, the FWD has the weight where you want ti. I
agree. How deep? I don't know. Maybe four inches? Maybe six?

FWD has better traction. Period. It's simple physics.
How much snow? However much it takes to affect traction with the road.
How about 1/16"? How about 1/32" of ice?
I would often lose traction with my RWD vehicles when the road got slick.
That's why I had to put sandbags in the trunk or truck bed in the winter.
I've driven to work in 6" of snow. RWD with 3-400 lbs of sand in the trunk.
The limit with deep snow is when it's high enough to hit the undercarriage.
You'll lift the tires enough so they can't get traction.
With FWD I don't need to put 3-400 lbs of sand in the trunk.

The problem is, when you lose traction you lose both propulsion and
steering.