Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

On Wednesday, 6 December 2017 17:35:43 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 6 Dec 2017 05:42:02 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip
as there are 3 labs,

Are they one airspace or separated. If the latter we only need the
information from one (as a starter).

No idea what do you mean by airspace seprated.

Really? Are the labs open plan or are they separated by a barrier of
some sort?

They are sperated by swing doors I've already told you that,

Did you tell me that before of after you I asked you the question
here?

My original question here had NOTHING to do with the lab or swoing doors, yuo SHOULD be able to tell that from the Q in the subject line.
I DO NOT believe that that oil filled radaitors need to in dicate how many and what sort of doors are being used in theri vicinity.
No way does the data sheet give any indication of whether or not teh 2KW was dependant on doors either opening or closing.

the videos show those doors,

I haven't bothered with the videos. If you CBA to do stuff to help,
nor can I.

Which is why you haven't a clue as to the REAL world adn why you think a 2KW heater will use 2KW.

are swing doors classed as barriers of some sort.?

What do you think? Can the heat move freely through the doors when
they are closed?

Not according to the fire regs, but the doors are mostly left open, UNLESS there is a lecture going on it that room which happens perhaps 2-4 times a week, or a meeting is there or theres too much noise(audio, drilling etc) coming from that area then we close the doors.

I have posted videos of the lab how comes you can't work it out from those.

Because I'm not your wet nurse mate.

you just saiod it wass because you didn't look at them make up your mind.

Yes I know, so how do the professionals calculate what to use or how to heat an aera. ?

Using the tools you have been given many times now.

yuo've not given any tols just talked crap.

And did John Rumm talk crap, as he also gave you the tools?

There were no tools that were any use unless you can account for those variables.

A professional is someone that is paid to make these calculations and can understand both theory and practice.

But it doesn't require 'a professional', just someone with more than
one brain cell.

which is exactly why you can't do it.

Bwhahaha. Oh, you are funny dave (in a very sad way).

You say John Rumm has given the tools if that is the case why canl;t you use those, can you at least explain that.
\You;re excuse is that yuor not going to help, isn;t it, in reality it means yuo can;t help, you can't even work out the very basics of ohms law.

Yopu have the same info as I have to work with so show me how yuo do the calculations.

What's that, an admission you don't have a clue where to start and are
asking for help?

I have a clue where to start which is far more than you have.

I know how large they are but unlike you I don't believe say a 2 X 1 metre window has any fixed parameters other than physical size,

LOL!!!! You really can't make this up can you ... ;-)

but you are because yuor an idiot that thinks all windows of teh same size have the same properties.

Well Sherlock, if you are saying that is what one windows actually is
then size then that would be a start. Then we need to know if it is
single / double / triple glazed and we can make a stab at it's thermal
properties.

I don't know those properties other than it is triple glazed.
Previously the windows were single galzed and I;ve no idea ofm the original design for calculating the heatign system ahad single glazed windows were even included in the original design or not.

I also don't know what the cladding was like that has been removed either, I do not know how differnt the removal of asbestos made in teh 1970s and teh 1990s, and now again they have done further checks.
The windows also havent been sealed yet and I don't know how much differnce that makes, I can hear the person in the next office NOT through the walls but through where the windows meet at the edges.
I can't sort of predict how many students will come through the door, I can;lt predict how often the builders will leave teh exteranl doors open or for how long during the day or night.
As I've tried to expain there are too many variables of which I have no control overv and one of the biggest is the weather.

So I don;t really know what relivance window size has.

Of course you don't, like you don't have a clue about most of
anything. How do you think you consider the losses through any of the
different materials unless we know how much of each material there is?

Seriously, a child could work that out.

Prove it then.