Posted to alt.home.repair
harry newton harry newton is offline

Default Where to get car rear-deck speakers (haven't bought speakers in decades)

He who is Clare Snyder said on Wed, 06 Dec 2017 21:32:54 -0500:

With a few inches of slop the FWD starts having an advantage

Yes. With a few inches of snow, the FWD has the weight where you want ti. I
agree. How deep? I don't know. Maybe four inches? Maybe six?

Nobody is driving fast in six inches of snow.
At least they shouldn't be driving fast in six inches of snow.

- but
you need to know how to drive FWD. And it's not just snow. Gravel
roads too. I rallyed an old R12 againt Datsun 510s with double the
horsepower and consistently beat them. Summer and winter.

Hmmmm.... I don't drive on gravel roads. I guess it's the same thing, if
you're in deep gravel. Six inches of gravel is pretty deep though.

I learned to drive on a Mini.
The 204 Peugeot handled the nasty roads of Zambia in the rainy season
VERY well - at least as well as the VW. Never had a problem
maintaining control and staying on the road. Point the front wheels
where you want to go and accellerate (but don't chicken out and lift
your foot in a turn!!)

We all know that FWD and RWD handle differently under all conditions, good
or bad. They're not even close.