Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

On Wednesday, 6 December 2017 13:35:29 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 6 Dec 2017 03:23:03 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

On Tuesday, 5 December 2017 18:33:42 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 5 Dec 2017 08:44:51 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip
It's a 2kW rad made up of a 700W and a 1300W setting. Now grow up.

No it is NOT I explained this before are yuo really that think.
There is NO 700W setting and NO 1300W setting.

Aww bless.

It has 3 heat settings. All of which depend on the voltage applied.

No, really? So why don't they print a graph on the side, showing the
power consumption over a range of voltages?

Why don't you ask the suppliers , maybe you should contact sales and ask them.

I don't need to mate because unlike you, I know the answer.

So why don't they print such a graph ?

How about getting a grownup to show you the I, II and III
power positions and have them explain how they relate to the
approximate power levels of these rads when used on a working UK mains
supply.

What UK mains suply do you mean 240V or the 220V typically here or teh 210-215V in my office of the 202V in the lab if we installed all the heaters managment were sending us to install. ?

Yes, *the* UK mains supply,

Which we don't have.

Quite.

And this is why you think we get 1300W isn't it when in reality it's closer to 1KW.

not your crap non-standard (for the UK
one). How many times do people have to tell you before you can accept
/ understand something?

How many time sdo you have to get it through your thick head that this is the real world NOT a simulation.

Because it isn't the real world it's just *your* real world.

and that is where the heaters will be so that;'s why you have to use those stats for the calculatoins yuo can;t use 240V and you can't use 110V if you want to work stuff out, in the same way you'd have to account for the weather conditions, this is probbaly why they don;t sell many 2KW raidiators in hot countries or tehy don;t have the same kind of heating arrangments.
When I was in greece most homes had air conditioning unlike most homes in london.

This is the whole point of real world calculations have you still not understood.

See above.

Nothing of relivance above that you've written.

I donlt need a cray to work out that a 2KW heater rated to run at 240V will not be a 2KW heater if conntect to 230V or 220V or 202V or 110V

Well done. That's some progress for you then.

I told you that on day ONE and it was part of teh original qiuestion that you have failed at ansering other than saying the 2KW heater has a 1300W setting.

unlike you who seems to think that during this situation when yuo;re getting less power due to a volatge drop the solution is to select 1300W to get more heat.

Because you may actually get more heat ... for reasons you don't have
the brains to comprehend.

Then prove it.
Or tell you why you think the overheat protection comes in so quickly before the room is up to temperature, but you've missed that emtirely haven't you.

Most people that want their environment warmer tend to increase the setting not decrease them.

Of course they would ... and under ideal conditions that would be the
right thing to do.

Let me try to explain it to you in one word. 'Wheelspin'.

what about wheelspin, are yuo saying the best cars use wheelspin to win, I've not noticed Lewis Hamalton going on about how wheelspining won a race for him.
Do yuo think skidding is also a good approach to winning.

What would you suggest if someone said to you during the winter that the office can reach 5C what sort of heater would you supply if you were managment ?

'Can reach 5C'? You do have a strange way with terms. Do you mean 'it
can go as low as 5C' or 'It can be 5C' .

that it can be 5C in winter, in summer it can be 29C.

No, really?

Yes really.

(hence the fans we are given, these things you think are fan heaters.

Yes, of course I do. Hey, what do you call the resultant when you
place say ... a fan ... in front of say ... a heater?

No idea, what happens when you put a watch on a wall is it a wall clock.
When you a nut on a chest is it a chestnut.

Anyway, as it stands it was a stupid / pointless question.

Still can;t answer that can you.

No, you are right. Because it's impossible.

you don't even know how to, do you.

So how much does a 2KW heater use ?

42?

Mice.
You should at least know that.

Now, you have the choice of a good / large
panel rad that can actually dissipate whatever input level you set it
to without cycling or,

Where s this magic device you speak of.

The one I have here in the lounge you mean ... or the one you have at
home or in your lab ... you know, any heater that can dissipate heat
without cycling.

So not the ones in the lab them.

can you poin tto one so I can get estates to buy one, or however many you think we'll need.

Any panel heater with a large enough surface area such that it can
stay on full and not cycle (on the overtemp stat).

Brillant at last so which ones are those I told you that all 6 of 6 cycled.
I told you from day one that they were crap £25 !

maybe two cheaper heaters set at an input level
they can actually dissipate continuously.

and where do you get this sort of info from.

Science mate.

What qualifications to you have in science you don;t even know about teh properties of heaters or anything esle.

what I have is a car that cuts out whenever it gets to 200MPH it;s spec as being able to travel at 200MPH but when it gets there after a short time the speed drops to 70MPH.

Yup, same as what I said. A car that isn't able to maintain full power
for whatever reason.

and that is the best car is it, that is the car yuo;d buy a 200MPH car
that can only really be run at 130 at best and if you try to get 200 it sends you back to 70 MPH, what have yuo brought a 2CV with a speed stripe on it.