Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Where to get car rear-deck speakers (haven't bought speakers in decades)

On Tuesday, December 5, 2017 at 9:37:31 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/4/2017 11:57 PM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 4 Dec 2017 21:14:28 +0000 (UTC), harry
newton wrote:

Three things I'll never own and never have:
a. FWD

I don't want FWD either, but the only convertibles I like come with it.

The main advantage to FWD is they can build a car cheaper. As for the
handling difference, 99% of drivers will never feel the difference,
especially on the 15 mph trip to the grocery store.

There's a big difference in traction in the snow or similar conditions,
that's for sure. All the weight of the engine helps. Not having the
driveshaft hump is a plus for inside space too. But then SUVs are selling
like hot cakes and they have all wheel drive, which I guess combines
some of the best of both designs. And those continue to evolve, from
fixed proportioning of power between front and rear, to computer controlled.
Another interesting thing, some pickups are hitting the $100K mark now.