Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

On Wednesday, 6 December 2017 13:17:57 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 6 Dec 2017 02:43:32 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip

I'm keeping it simple for you

How kind. ;-)

After talking to my studetns yesterday I now understand that I need to make things much clearer, so nwo you're getting multi-choice questions just lioke we do here when things get complicated.

How kind ... but hey, if it helps *you* understand then I'm up for
anything. ;-)

I see it was to complex for you so you didnlt answer, you should do what the students and guess then you can get 25% right only another 5% to go to get a low pass rate.

as there are 3 labs,

Are they one airspace or separated. If the latter we only need the
information from one (as a starter).

No idea what do you mean by airspace seprated.

Really? Are the labs open plan or are they separated by a barrier of
some sort?

They are sperated by swing doors I've already told you that, the videos show those doors, I even told you thet the doors were fire doors with the foam strip down the centre. Are swing doors classed as barriers of some sort.?

I have posted videos of the lab how comes you can't work it out from those.

Because I'm not your wet nurse mate.

you too stupid even to work out whether doors are barriers is that it, too complex for you to work out is it.

and my office was teh only place I tested the heaters.

That's of no use re calculating the heat loss from the labs. IDGAF how
cold you are.

Yes I know, so how do the professionals calculate what to use or how to heat an aera. ?

Using the tools you have been given many times now.

yuo've not given any tols just talked crap.
No what about there's barriers or are they doors.

A professional is someone that is paid to make these calculations and can understand both theory and practice.

But it doesn't require 'a professional', just someone with more than
one brain cell.

which is exactly why you can't do it.

Yopu have the same info as I have to work with so show me how yuo do the calculations.

2) A clue as to the size of any windows and the construction of all
the (especially external) surfaces.

Large triple glazed windows

'Large' as in your mouth or ego or something different? ;-)

Large as in the inverse square of your brain capacity.

So, you don't know how to use a rule either now? Or maybe you are
physically disabled so can't reach the windows from your wheelchair?

I know how large they are but unlike you I don't believe say a 2 X 1 metre window has any fixed parameters other than physical size, our previous windows were the same size and couple be open enough that stuents climed in through them and I don't see how the previous single glazed windows can have the same properties as our new triple glazed windows that can only be open by a few cms.

Only someoen as stupid as yuo would propsoe that.
So I don;t really know what relivance window size has.
Surely if you had any clue yuo'd be asking about other critera, but of course you haven;t like all 2KW rads all 2KW rads. work the same just like all windows have the same properties.

Or calculate it as from 3 weeks ago when we had NO windows.

I'm pretty sure your power supply wouldn't be up to that.

We do not have a power supply for that, we never had.

I know as the one in the lab is poor.

Been fine for 20 years now, and is still doing everything we'd want of it, other than not quite enough sockets, if H&S donlt want us to use extention leads then they'll have to explain to teaching that we can't run the number of students through the lab as they have timetabled.
Then let them fight it out do we halve the number of students reducing income and there for their saleries or postition.

The heatting was suplied from a differtn building NOT in this building.

What sort of power supply would you suggest as the requirement for running labs in that the temperture should be a minuim of 16C as stated in the factories act of 1992 section 7.

A standard domestic UK spec one would be fine, where you have access
to the full voltage even under a reasonable load.

So which one, yuo;'re talkign craop again aren't you.

How many KW is this heaters that you can't link to.?

How many 2KW heaters would be needed ?
or would you prefer to quote for 1300W heaters ?

Impossible to determine until you have done the thermal calculations.

I've told you I can't do them and niether can you.

Q1
If it was caluclated that you'd need 20 2KW heaters to heat a lab to the required temperature and replaced them with 1300W heaters would you need .

A More 1300W heaters than 20

Depends on the effective output of each.

What do you mean by effective output ?
Deosn;t that depend on the heaters themselves ?

B exaclty the same number of heaters

Depends on the effective output of each.

C Less 1300W heaters

Depends on the effective output of each.

D We have no idea because we don't know if they are one airspace or separated

Or what the thermal requirements for the space is.

So you havent a clue as expected.