Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
micky micky is offline

Default Where to get car rear-deck speakers (haven't bought speakers in decades)

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 05 Dec 2017 20:43:37 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Wed, 6 Dec 2017 10:58:11 +1100, Clifford Heath
wrote:

On 05/12/17 14:48, harry newton wrote:
He who is Oren said on Mon, 04 Dec 2017 14:54:05 -0800:

It really is a shame when college kids can't fix a scratchy sounding
speaker. A speaker smarter than a snowflake. with a safe place.

The whole family is girls.

All the more reason to encourage them to learn to make and fix stuff.
Geek girls rock!

My youngest intimidated most of her boyfriends untill she met her now
hiusband - a heavy truck mechanic. None of the others coulkd drive her
car (standard) and she could change a flat - they had to call road
service - - -

That's pitiful.

Two stories. Before cellphones: A girl I met at a lecture -- not
attractive and I wasn't interested in her -- calls me on a Friday or
Saturday to change her tire. I say, Can it wait until Sunday. Yes.
I'm there, doing it and she's not watching. I say, Why don't you watch
so you can do it yourself next time. "I'll call someone" "What if you're
out in the country?" "I never go there". I finished the job and left
and I hope she thought that was why I never called her. If she'd been
cute, I still can't imagine spending my life with someone like that.

(Plus she didn't seem very appreciative to let me work while she
wasn't keeping me company, at least)

Shopping for a car a couple months ago, guy had a beaufitul red Mustang,
special black trim, special power chip for ignition, car 12 years old
but interior (leather), exterior, engine compartment like new. etc.
Stick shift. One of his teenage sons was sort of trying to learn to
drive it and the other wsn't even learning to drive! The normal thing
to do woudl be to give the car to his son, but neither could handle it.