Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default 200A service panel replacement

On Tue, 05 Dec 2017 17:02:19 -0500, wrote:

On Tue, 5 Dec 2017 16:27:10 -0500, Tekkie® wrote:

I was quoted $3500 for 200A Square D service panel replacement which I think
is on the high side.

ELECTRICAL QUOTE
200A Service Upgrade
Service Head
Service entrance cable
Meter base
Square D type QO equipment
200 Amp main breaker panel
40 space max S.P. circuits
Breakers as required
Properly label panel
3/4" plywood panel board built out in front of soil pipes
Good whole house surge protection
GFI receptacle below panel
Copper ground rods and conductors
Proper ground to water service
Intersystem bonding bridge
Removal of old equipment
Clean up
Permit
Inspection

In their quote was a surge protector: PSPproducts.net

PSP H1-75-04N
75kA Surge Capacity
MOV Technology
LED visual indicator
NEMA 4X Indoor/Outdoor rated
Lifetime Warranty
$50,000 Down line Warranty

Upgrade to...

Best (+$300)
PSP HC1C100-06-N
100kA Surge Capacity
MOV & Gas tube technology
Faster Response Time
LED visual indicator and audible alarm
NEMA 6 Indoor/Outdoor rated
Multiple mounting options
Lifetime Warranty
$100,000 Down line Warranty

Any thoughts on the quote and these protectors?

Can you ask for & provide us with a more-detailed quote ?
eg how many feet of underground ? entrance cable :
: material ?
: labour ? ,, complicated excavation ?
Way too many unknowns to judge the quote.
John T.

Sounds about right with NO underground feeder replacement - just a
new meter base, panel, and required GFCI and AFCI equipment.