Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

On Tuesday, 5 December 2017 16:30:01 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 5 Dec 2017 07:35:02 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip bs

It's a 2kW rad made up of a 700W and a 1300W setting. Now grow up.

No it is NOT I explained this before are yuo really that think.
There is NO 700W setting and NO 1300W setting.

Aww bless.

It has 3 heat settings. All of which depend on the voltage applied.

How about getting a grownup to show you the I, II and III
power positions and have them explain how they relate to the
approximate power levels of these rads when used on a working UK mains
supply.

What UK mains suply do you mean 240V or the 220V typically here or teh 210-215V in my office of the 202V in the lab if we installed all the heaters managment were sending us to install. ?

No one is ever going to bend to your BS / variable use of measured
power as a description for the particular setting on those rads.

It is a 700, 1300 or 2000W heater at 240V.

Cheers, T i m

So tell me the power of the heater needed for my office aimple isn't it.

What would you suggest if someone said to you during the winter that the office can reach 5C what sort of heater would you supply if you were managment ?

Don't forget that convection and fan heaters have been banned.