Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

On Tue, 5 Dec 2017 07:35:02 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip

And if you read my origanls question it had NOTHING to do with heating the lab.

Yeah and "As some might have read we've been supplied with a number of
oil filled radiators" is for your home right?

WRONG.
But it won't be the first time you;re got everything wrong will it.

Aww, bless you dave. You really don't do irony / sarcasm do you. ;-(

snip bs

It's a 2kW rad made up of a 700W and a 1300W setting. Now grow up.

No it is NOT I explained this before are yuo really that think.
There is NO 700W setting and NO 1300W setting.

Aww bless. How about getting a grownup to show you the I, II and III
power positions and have them explain how they relate to the
approximate power levels of these rads when used on a working UK mains
supply.

When used in my office it measured about 700W (at 202V) and (1055W at 202V)

Completely and utterly irrelevant to the power positions on the rad
and you are only being childish, trolling or stupid for not accepting
the general usage / description.

So explain where you get your 1300W from.

See above (and grow up).

This is what you sound like ...

Student: dave, could I have one of the 60W soldering irons please?

You: We don't have any 60W irons, we only have 55W irons ...

Student: Oh, I thought it said 60W on the element.

You: Well it's wrong, you are wrong, I am right.

No one is ever going to bend to your BS / variable use of measured
power as a description for the particular setting on those rads.

It is a 700, 1300 or 2000W heater at 240V.

Cheers, T i m