Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

On Tuesday, 5 December 2017 15:09:43 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 5 Dec 2017 04:58:35 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave

3.5M X 5.5m and 3 metres in hieght.

Ok, that's a start, but ...

1) the size of the lab might be more relevant if we are wasting our
time on you.

I'm keeping it simple for you

How kind. ;-)

Yes I shouldn't waste my time .

So coem on wheres the calculation.

as there are 3 labs,

Are they one airspace or separated. If the latter we only need the
information from one (as a starter).

They are seprated just like hospitals that were build at the time, seprated by a double swing door which is partly a fire door as it has the foam smoke inhibitor. Sometimes it's left closed other times it's left open.
Today between about 3 and 6pm around 25 students walk through this door multiple times as they come and get things from my office they also have to open my office door. hey also have to enter and leave the lab via another similar set of swing doors.

and my office was teh only place I tested the heaters.

That's of no use re calculating the heat loss from the labs. IDGAF how
cold you are.

Then how do you calculate the heat loss of a lab ?
How do you account for the number of students movements.

2) A clue as to the size of any windows and the construction of all
the (especially external) surfaces.

Large triple glazed windows

that haven't been completely installed.

Ah, so, are we talking wind tunnel / tent then?

No.

if yuo lok back in this thread you'll see I posted a video of the lab.

Or calculate it as from 3 weeks ago when we had NO windows.

I'm pretty sure your power supply wouldn't be up to that.

What power supply ?
we had boarding up at the windows if you watch the video someone that thinks they are observant might have noticed.

This video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52t4ABF7BJs

starts in my office and at 12 seconds it goes through my office door into the lab this lab is called the hardware lab room 253.
The columns in the lab are 33cm in width.

This vid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCBXuXBAl4g

shows the left hand side called the PC lab.

You have been given lists of the sorts of materials and their u values
so you could help yourself a bit.

Get it through you're thick skull I am not gas registared so can't do those things.

Where TF have I said or suggested you have to deal with the *heating*
(especially gas).

from the link posted, forgotten already it's less than a few hours ago.

All you are supposed to be doing so far is working
out the heat loss.

I can't do that too many variables.

Suggestion, ask a student (or another adult) to roughly measure the
dimensions of one lab, the size of each window (or one and multiply it
if they are all pretty similar) and guess what the walls and floor /
ceiling are made from (and if they are cavity walls etc). Then you try
and type that back here, ok? *You* don't have to trouble your little
brain by trying to make sense of any of that. Do you think you can
manage that? ;-)

You have the vids work it out for yuorself.
Remmeber that we have up to 200 students coming in and out of the swing doors every day, at night the cleaners come in.

Since those vids some windows have been installed two have been 'bricked up'
We are having a new fire exit build as H&S condemmmed the temproey one as unfit for purpose as it led out onto the scafolding where the builders had left tools and construction stuff on it.

We don't know who comes and goes when we are not here in fact there;s an email going about today that fridge in the PCB room had 'magically' been unplugged over the weekend no of us did it.

You really haven't a clue have you.

No, I really hadn't realised just how stupid / awkward / literal /
ignorant people can be, especially when you are trying to help /
educate them!

such as sending working heaters back as faulty you mean that sort of help ?