Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

On Tue, 5 Dec 2017 04:58:35 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

On Tuesday, 5 December 2017 11:46:43 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 5 Dec 2017 02:57:18 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip more bizarre bs

Or I'm sure if you gave us the dimensions and some idea of what each
surface is made of someone would be able to help.

I doubt that, but lets just imagine a very simple room, about the size of my office.

3.5M X 5.5m and 3 metres in hieght.

Ok, that's a start, but ...

1) the size of the lab might be more relevant if we are wasting our
time on you.

I'm keeping it simple for you

How kind. ;-)

as there are 3 labs,

Are they one airspace or separated. If the latter we only need the
information from one (as a starter).

and my office was teh only place I tested the heaters.

That's of no use re calculating the heat loss from the labs. IDGAF how
cold you are.

snip bs

2) A clue as to the size of any windows and the construction of all
the (especially external) surfaces.

Large triple glazed windows

'Large' as in your mouth or ego or something different? ;-)

that haven't been completely installed.

Ah, so, are we talking wind tunnel / tent then?

Or calculate it as from 3 weeks ago when we had NO windows.

I'm pretty sure your power supply wouldn't be up to that.

You have been given lists of the sorts of materials and their u values
so you could help yourself a bit.

Get it through you're thick skull I am not gas registared so can't do those things.

Where TF have I said or suggested you have to deal with the *heating*
(especially gas). All you are supposed to be doing so far is working
out the heat loss.

Suggestion, ask a student (or another adult) to roughly measure the
dimensions of one lab, the size of each window (or one and multiply it
if they are all pretty similar) and guess what the walls and floor /
ceiling are made from (and if they are cavity walls etc). Then you try
and type that back here, ok? *You* don't have to trouble your little
brain by trying to make sense of any of that. Do you think you can
manage that? ;-)

You really haven't a clue have you.

No, I really hadn't realised just how stupid / awkward / literal /
ignorant people can be, especially when you are trying to help /
educate them!

Cheers, T i m