Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

On Tue, 5 Dec 2017 05:24:23 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip daves rantings

I believe the power is turned off every night so not that much use.

Well they don't want us to leave those rads on overnight, well that;s what they said orginally now it is well you can leave some on. So some have been left on.

Funny how these things keep changing.

snip

And if you read my origanls question it had NOTHING to do with heating the lab.

Yeah and "As some might have read we've been supplied with a number of
oil filled radiators" is for your home right?

Given they are overpowered at the 2kW setting and dave not willing to
test them on the 1.3kW setting

there's NO 1.3KW setting.

Just because you don't understand the equipment in front of you, or
the real world, you keep denying the facts.

It's a 2kW rad made up of a 700W and a 1300W setting. Now grow up.

snip
the huge running costs will come off some other budget.

I'm not sure the energy consumption *difference* between running 5 x
2kW fan heaters would be that much compared to 5 x 2kW oil filled rads
(assuming they were all running at 2kW etc)

So what would the cost be......

You work it out, I'm not you wet nurse or teacher.

snip

Cheers, T i m