Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default Where to get car rear-deck speakers (haven't bought speakers in decades)

c. Automatic

I like automatic.

I've driven a stick for 4 or 5 days at a time, and that was fine, but
I'd be worn out if it was always.

Same here. Stick is fun at times on the back roads twisting and
turning. Years ago, stick had many benefits but the new autos are more
efficient, fast shifting, and don't lose a lot of HP getting to the
wheels. Even high performance cars now have auto. We've come a long
way from the Chevy Powerglide 2 speed auto.
While it can be fun on the back road a few times a year. I don't see the
need to hold the clutch in at red lights or stop and go traffic. My car
even has "Auto Hold: for the brakes so I don't have to hold the pedal
down when stopped.

For a fly & drive vacation in Ireland, earlier this year, I had to
make special arrangements for a rental car with automatic
transmission.
Manual transmission is standard - in more ways than one :-)
.... the extra cost for the automatic amounted to almost 1/3
of the total ! Insurance waiver was 1/3 ; rental 1/3.
Stupid little Skoda was "programmed" to shift like a manual
though - causing annooying jerks and delays.
I was glad to have it though - crazy narrow winding roads
provide enough excitement - combined with right-hand-driving
on the wrong side of the road ..
John T.