Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Where to get car rear-deck speakers (haven't bought speakers indecades)

On 12/4/2017 11:57 PM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 4 Dec 2017 21:14:28 +0000 (UTC), harry
newton wrote:

Three things I'll never own and never have:
a. FWD

I don't want FWD either, but the only convertibles I like come with it.

The main advantage to FWD is they can build a car cheaper. As for the
handling difference, 99% of drivers will never feel the difference,
especially on the 15 mph trip to the grocery store.

b. Timing belt

That's one of the disappointments of the new car. The 2000 Toyota
Solara had a 3.0L non-interference engine, but for some silly reason
they switched to a 3.3L *interference* engine in 2005. Believe you me,
I'd rather have 0.3L less. The only good part is that using
mycarfax.com I found that the previous owner replaced the belt and the
water pump only 40,000 miles ago. So I should be good for another
40,000 miles.

Never had one. If is a $400 to $600 planned maintenance that I'd rather
not have but I guess you have no choice at times.

c. Automatic

I like automatic.

I've driven a stick for 4 or 5 days at a time, and that was fine, but
I'd be worn out if it was always.

Same here. Stick is fun at times on the back roads twisting and
turning. Years ago, stick had many benefits but the new autos are more
efficient, fast shifting, and don't lose a lot of HP getting to the
wheels. Even high performance cars now have auto. We've come a long
way from the Chevy Powerglide 2 speed auto.

While it can be fun on the back road a few times a year. I don't see the
need to hold the clutch in at red lights or stop and go traffic. My car
even has "Auto Hold: for the brakes so I don't have to hold the pedal
down when stopped.