Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default Where to get car rear-deck speakers (haven't bought speakers indecades)

On Mon, 4 Dec 2017 13:14:31 +0000 (UTC), harry newton
wrote:

If it's the speakers themselves, are these things standard sizes nowadays?

Yes, no, maybe so.

I recently replaced the speakers in my 2001 Toyota 4Runner. The rear
door speakers were a strange size, and Crutchfield's database was
telling me that I had to do some drilling to install standard 5 1/4"
speakers. However this site, http://www.car-speaker-adapters.com had
the proper adapter to avoid drilling
http://www.car-speaker-adapters.com/items.php?id=SAK039. It also
allowed me to use deeper speakers but with the existing grilles.

I found the best deal on speakers on sale at Fry's. I was going to buy
the same speakers at Crutchfield but they were considerably more
expensive. Ditto for the new head unit I put in, JVC KW-V830BT, it was
about $100 less on sale at Fry's.