Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

On Mon, 4 Dec 2017 08:23:32 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

On Monday, 4 December 2017 16:09:51 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 4 Dec 2017 06:28:34 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip

I know far more than you do yes.

Oh, you are funny dave and it's good that you can still laugh at
yourself after all this. ;-)

I'm laughing at the ****ing idiot that told me the heaters are faulty

Who is that then?

and seems to think they should be sent back because of what sales have said.

They said that did they? You have that in writing I hope?

Why buy 2KW heaters that cycle on 1KW?

No idea why they bought them (other than they were cheap) but because
they might give off more heat that way?

More heat than what ?

Work it out yourself, I'm not your wet nurse.

snip the rest as it's pointless trying to help

you're about as much use as a wodney simulator.

To you, you are probably right. ;-(

The point now is that you could be part of the solution, rather than
being part of the problem but you have admitted you don't care so ...

I do care that's why I want those that are being paid to do the job to actualy do the job.

But they aren't going to are they ... so in the meantime the students
go cold, or colder than they might if you had the brains to follow
some simple advice (or at least do the tests towards such).

snip witterings

Of course if you really had a clue you could tell me how to work out just how many heaters I would need, but as the number is above one I doubt you'd be able to work it out.

Ah, so at least you are now admitting you don't know how to do it
yourself (so that's some progress at least).

What *you* have to do (as we aren't there), is measure all the walls,
windows, floors and ceilings and find out (or take a guess) as to what
they are made of (solid walls, brick outer with block inner, steel
frame with concrete panels etc) and then use the guides for each area
to calculate the overall loss (using the 'u' value for each material x
the area of each x the temperature difference between both sides of
each (so between the lab and the room above for the ceiling and the
lab and the outside on a worst case day)).

https://www.diydata.com/information/...s/u_values.php

This sort of thing:

https://www.diydata.com/planning/ch_...1_imperial.php

Or this might help automate it a bit:

http://www.heatline.co.uk/heat-loss-calculator/

Or I'm sure if you gave us the dimensions and some idea of what each
surface is made of someone would be able to help.

Cheers, T i m