Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

On Saturday, 2 December 2017 13:20:36 UTC, Roger Hayter wrote:
T i m wrote:

On Fri, 1 Dec 2017 07:58:58 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip

I said nothing about stoping, what's wrong with reducing cycling. ?

Because it means the heater won't be on, will be cooling down, so
giving off less heat.

Just what we want in a cold lab,

That's good as that seems to be what you've got. Luckily *you* are
monitoring it all and know all the answers (not).

a heater that gives off less heat,

Yup, but that's what you want. You want an overpowered heater cycling
and giving off less heat than one that isn't.

For any given lower power heater there will only be a narrow band of
ambient temperatures where its average surface temperature is higher
than that of a cycling heater. Any warmer and it will cycle,
significantly cooler and it will suffer from insufficient power compared
to the cycling heater. So I don't agree with you that this is a useful
objective. I don't think cycling is actually too much of a problem.

What would you expect from a 2KW heater ?

remmeber I was told it was faulty because it switched to 700W and not 0W
after about 20mins