Billccm

Default Amana Dryer is taking longer: UPDATES to post

Some Updates:
Last night I removed the access panel, and vaccumed everything, and I mean
everything. It was pretty dusty in there. I removed the lint screen and
vaccumed, and moved the dryer out and vaccumed the vent opening, vent hose, and
inlet into the vet pipe. I left the access panel off and turned the dryer on,
no clothes, on 'auto-less-dry' cycle.
The heater element glows RED for about three minutes, then I hear a click and
the element dims off. Then the timer moves towards 'cool down', and ten minutes
later the dryer is off.
I put a large load of towels in today, and the dryer ran 2 hours and 20 minutes
on 'auto fabric, less dry' cycle. The heater element would glow RED for three
minutes, then 'click' off for several minutes, then repeat. The heater is NEVER
on for longer then 3 minutes?
I want to keep this dryer because it has stainless steel drums. BTW, how do you
replace the belt? That looks like you need some tricks.
Thanks for any help!

Bill