Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus7946 Ignoramus7946 is offline

Default OT Can a country with 18 nukes win a nuclear war against acountry with 1800 nukes

On 2017-12-01, Jim Wilkins wrote:

Japan's Army leadership made a similar judgement in 1941. They soon
discovered that their military couldn't prevent our submarines from
sinking all their shipping and our bombers from burning their
cities.
By the end there wasn't much left to nuke.

Like the Norks the Japanese dug in deep and prepared for a long
resistance. My father told me the surviving defenders on Okinawa
would
come up from their bunkers to watch and cheer his Air Corps unit's
baseball games. They knew they had lost but were too indoctrinated
with Bushido to surrender.

World War II was different because there was no nuclear weapons
(until
the end). Nuclear weapons actually did what I was alluding to,
specifically, raising the level of pain for Japan so much as to
force
immediate surrender.

Now there are nuclear weapons and North Korea can inflict pain on
USA
remotely, outside of the theater of operations.

If NK's arsenal and operational control is survivable, and half way
accurate, then NK can win the war by inflicting too much pain on the
US (nuking several cities) and forcing it to surrender, despite our
obvious military superiority.

The question facing our decision makers, may come to "we lost
Chicago
and Houston, is it worth it to continue destroying North Korea".

It may sound crazy, but it is not. North Korea can lose 80% of its
population, but force the US to surrender, pay reparations, and so
on,
in case IF it is able to inflict unbearable pain on us.

Now if the US actually loses that war, the terms of surrender will
be
atrocious, and it will not be an honorable surrender.

I am surprised that these quite simple issues are not even discussed
publicly, even though it could easily come to just this scenario.

Those who know something can't discuss it.

Did you know anything about the Voenno-Kosmicheski Sily?

I know a little bit, yes, I read a fair amount of stuff about nuclear
weapons. And Russia news, as you might have guessed. But nothing
beyond what you would get from reading the Internet.