Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default What is it? (Amateur version Post #16)

On 12/2/2017 5:57 PM, Leon wrote:
On 12/2/2017 4:27 PM, Larry Flynn wrote:
Here is another post in my amateur What is it? tool thread. As
usual, I will try to answer questions about their composition, size
and how they can move. Pictures are provided via Dropbox.
L. Flynn

POST16_TOOL61. This rubber and plastic tool is almost 12 inches long.
There are two white rubber disks with metal compression springs behind
them. The disks have small protruding tabs. The black plastic levers
pull up on the middles of the disks when in the flush position. There
is a warning to Check strength prior to each use on the handle.
There are also two small openings which show a red or green color. The
color changes from red to green when a rubber disk is pressed onto a
flat surface and the lever is moved to the flush position.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/20l2xehat3...ICALL.jpg?dl=0

My dad had these in his bath rub for a secure grab.

tub

POST16_TOOL62. This wooden and iron tool is a little less than 5
inches long. The metal shaft ends in a threaded screw point. The metal
shaft continues from there towards the handle with a sharp-edged
spiral in it. The spiral does not complete even one revolution over
its 1½ inch length.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8e3jm98lnz...ICALL.jpg?dl=0

Gimlit

POST16_TOOL63. This tool is clearly in the metal pliers family. It is
almost 6½ inches long. The handles have a rubbery red plastic coating.
One jaw is curved relative to the other leaving a gap when the two
meet at the end. The other jaw has a flat surface but has a 1 mm
depression for ½ of an inch nearer to the pivot point. Both jaws have
small ridges on the inner surfaces running perpendicular to the long
axis.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/20idg4x61o...ICALL.jpg?dl=0

Stretching plyers

POST16_TOOL64. This metal tool is a little less than 3 inches long and
a little more than 1 inch across. One end has two dull prongs. There
is a name of a business on the tool which has been hidden in the picture.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wx36xw4dq9...ICALL.jpg?dl=0

Green repair, for repairing divot on a green.