Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Can a country with 18 nukes win a nuclear war against a country with 1800 nukes

Clare Snyder wrote:

ONE large nuke could neutralize many countries - but if B hits A 1st,
and A figures there is nothing left to lose, b could be totally
obliterated within hours - wiped right off the map - with a lot of
colateral damage all around. (ie - if NK hits the USA first, and USA
retaliates, SK and half of Asia would be SERIOUSLY affected -
including China and Japan

Yes, ESPECIALLY Japan, as they are downwind from N. Korea. If the US were
to launch a heavy counterstrike at N. Korea, it is hard to know what would
happen. Would that strike so discombobulate their chain of command that
nothing else would be launched? Does the US know a lot about where these
weapons are stored, so that most of those storage sites or the sites they
had pre-planned to launch from would be unavailable? (Good chance we know a
lot more than we let anyone think we know.)

Also, we have anti-missiles that can shoot down ICBMs in the early launch
phase, but we have to have those assets really close to the launch site.
You can bet if the balloon went up, these assets would be moved in really
close, to have a good shot.

I have no doubt whatsoever that if N.K. launched an ICBM at a US territory,
there would be a massive counterstrike that would leave Pyong Yang
obliterated so that an entire 25 mile radius looked like ground zero at
Nagasaki. I'm sure there is a war plan alread loaded into the Minuteman LCC
computers for just this scenario. You think Trump would hesitate to do it?

Jon