Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

On Friday, 1 December 2017 14:57:16 UTC, charles wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 30 November 2017 18:55:57 UTC, T i m wrote:

*IF* it's sitting just under the overtemp stat trip level (98 DegC or
so you said) from cold up to the required (main stat) temperature then
that *is* a more effective solution at heating the lab and allowing
you to have more heaters on at the same time, than trying to run them
at 2kW (more heaters drawing less power and at a higher temperature
more consistently).

They must have heard you.

In an email today after we complained that at midday it was still only 14C.
They have said I thought the labs times had changed to 3pm so you could heat up the lab.
It's 2:30pm now and the lab has just reached 15C, this is with 5 2KW heaters and 3 or 4 1,5KW heaters, so maybe they read your email as they have just given us 2 new 1.5KW heaters.

if I die from heat exaustion before 5pm I'm sueing you !

Aren't there laws about workplace minimum temperatures? Offices, Shops and
Railway Premises Act?

Yes exaclty I complained last year as it was 14C, I sent an emailto the department as 3 female stidents had complianed that it is to cold one of them compained when it was 22C. I've always said I can't complain until it goes below 16C.
So I sent the email to everyone in the department asking the athena swan commitee for help as they are meant to be supporting women in engineering.
I got an email back from the head of equality committee (previously he was head of H&S) telling me there is NO minium temerature and no maximium.
I replied with
https://www.rapidonline.com/brannan-...-215mm-87-4314

and a link to the factories act 1992 section 7
I then got an email sent to me (and not anyone else) saying that I was making a sexist comment and it will go done on my employment record as being sexist.
I asked if I could see exaclty what was written and I was told NO and that if I wanted to know I had to pay £10 to some outside company for access to my records, and there was no way for me to get it removed as ONE person (in about 200) was offended by my email.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England