jeff

Default Amana Dryer is taking longer

(Billccm) wrote in message ...
Hello:

Hi,

My Amana Electric dryer (model LE8327W) is taking longer and longer to dry the
clothes. It seems to heat, yet even on the non automatic timed cycle it takes
about three hours to dry a full load.

Most dryer "to long to dry" or "poor/low heat" complaints can be
traced back to a bad or poor venting system and sometimes a poorly
maintained lint filter. Do not go outside and put your hand under the
vent opening and say " it is fine - I feel air coming out"...that is
not good enough...take your venting apart, clean it ALL out and make
sure the vent hood flapper works and that it is not clogged with lint.
Make sure your venting system is short, straight and resistance free
as possible. A poor venting system will shorten the life of your
dryer, plug up the fan blower and duct work inside your dryer as well.

I have read that a heating element may partially burn out; any thoughts on
this? Could I use an ohm meter to determine the elements?
Would a cycle thermostat be the best first bet?

A grounded heating element, bad thermostat(s), loose/burnt wire, drum
seals, loose/broken fan blower, clogged lint filter can all make the
dryer take longer to dry.

Try a test load with the dryer vent removed ( off ) of the dryer to
see if any better.

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/