Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Small laser printer replacement - recommendations?

On Thursday, 30 November 2017 18:13:25 UTC, Rob Morley wrote:

Heh, I got a Brother HL1430 (similar spec to the LJ5M) from Freegle, a
drum and a couple of cartridges for twenty quid on eBay. It's hard to
believe the hassle we used to put up with from previous inkjets
(although the mono HP I was given was a lot less bad than the several
Epsons we had).

The first inkjet I ever had was trouble from the start. It had a 1 pixel printhead that whizzed back & forth very fast, and took grey-black powder, probably carbon. First thing it did was fry the computer it plugged in to. I should have learnt then.

NT