TURTLE

Default A/C & Heater Replacement??

"ishtarbgl" wrote in message
m...
Thank you so much for all the advice. I am starting to gain some
knowledge that will hopefully help me here. I should qualify one
thing I mentioned earlier. I didn't mean to imply that the furnace
was 30 years old because the house is from my initial post. The
furnace was manufactured in 1985 making it right at 19 years old. I
realize this is still very old and probably on its last leg but not
30.

A previous poster asked what part of LA I am from. I live in New
Orleans.

The advice about the BBB was very good. I had not even considered
that.

Ultimately, I do know I need more information. It is just hard to
tell in the yellow pages who is good and who isn't. I'll ask around
and see if I can find a contractor that seems reliable. This is one
thing I don't really want to mess around with. If I have to pay a
slightly higher price then so be it. I just want the job done right
since heating and ac are obviously so important to any house.

Thanks again to everyone and if you have any other input please let me
know. It is appreciated.

This is Turtle.

Well Here is some more on this.

You say your living New Orleans, La. and need a good hvac repairman to come
look at your furnace.

1) If you do have the money to buy a new furnace, i would not argue at all
if you decided to get a new one. If you buy the Rheem brand i know the
Supplier who will sell the equipment to the contractor that is giving the
bid for a new one. I don't like what he told you at all. He registed a 9 on
my bull****ter Meter and i personally would run his ass off if i did not
kick his ass first. People like that don't need to be selling Rheem
equipment at all. They need to be selling cars or run a Bar on Canal street.
I would like you to send me his company name and his personal name and i
will call his supplier and have them give him a talking to. He will not know
any names but he will be onced over real good. I want to know his name.

1A) I can do it or you can do it and that is call Acme Refrigeration of
New Orleans , at 745 Galvez St., New Orleans , La. , 70119 , Near the New
Orleans Area , 504-821-2711 and ask to get the refrigeration counter when
the secratary answers the phone. Then tell him your a customer looking for a
good straight shooting hvac repairman or company to work on my hvac system.
You can add this to it too, Who would you call to repair your hvac system if
you had trouble out of the service people that buys from you ? These guys
are pretty straight about what they say and will just tell you who is the
crook and who is the straight shooters. Get you 2 names or so and follow up
on them for looking at your system. If the guys name comes up who is working
on your system now just pass his name up and go to the next one. I can do
this just as good as you can.

2) About repairing the furnace and not buying a new system. Go back up to
1A) and read. Now what ithink here. i would get a good hvac repairman to
repair it / correct the gas pressure problem and just run the system. then
at your leasure you can take bids and start the process of getting a new
system when you want to. If you want to discuss system type , seer ratings,
or what ever, e-mail me and we will talk. And no I don't work in the New
Orleans area. Hey, My brother is in new orleans this week end on a sight
seeing time till Monday evening. If you like i can call him on his cell
phone and you go by and pick him up and get him to tell you what is wrong
with it. Just a thought.

3) About the CO detector in your home. If you say you have yellow flame in
your furnace and gas stove. I would invest in a CO detector to put in your
home till this matter is solved.

4) E-mail me and I want to hear more about this problem for it has got my
interest up here.

TURTLE

Use the e-mail address for this newsgroup to e-mail me with.