Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Can one connect a shaver socket to a lighting circuit?

On 30/11/2017 16:34, Chris Green wrote:

I'm going to install a shaver socket and I'm wondering if it's OK to
connect it direct to a lighting circuit.

Yup, its commonly done. (especially on combined lighting / shaver socket
fittings!)

The previous one I installed has an FCU from the ring main but it
would be much easier to use the (quite nearby) lighting circuit for
this new one. The lighting circuit does have an earth wire and is
standard 'looped in' so there's unswitched live and neutral easily
available.

--
Cheers,

John.