David Efflandt

Default Amana Dryer is taking longer

On 23 Nov 2003 04:20:36 GMT, Billccm wrote:
Hello:
My Amana Electric dryer (model LE8327W) is taking longer and longer to dry the
clothes. It seems to heat, yet even on the non automatic timed cycle it takes
about three hours to dry a full load.
I have read that a heating element may partially burn out; any thoughts on
this? Could I use an ohm meter to determine the elements?
Would a cycle thermostat be the best first bet?
Any help is appreciated.
Bill

When you run it for awhile are the cloths hot or not. If hot but damp,
check for plugged vent. If not hot, it could be a heating element.

I had trouble with my gas dryer last spring. I went outside to see if it
was blowing air and a dazed bird flew into my hand on its way out.
Apparently damp lint collected on the outside flapper last winter, keeping
it from closing, and a bird made a nest in the vent, almost totally
blocking it.

http://www.autox.chicago.il.us/ http://www.berniesfloral.net/
http://cgi-help.virtualave.net/ http://hammer.prohosting.com/~cgi-wiz/