EL

Default Amana Dryer is taking longer

You can get a pretty good idea by running it for a while, perhaps 15
minutes, when it is the only thing powered in your home and reading the
electric meter. Compare the watts being dissipated with the rated
dissipation and if they aren't fairly close the element most likely
needs to be replaced. If you have a clip-on ammeter that would also
work. What you describe sounds like a failing element.

Boden

CBHvac wrote:
"Billccm" wrote in message

Hello:
My Amana Electric dryer (model LE8327W) is taking longer and longer to dry

the

clothes. It seems to heat, yet even on the non automatic timed cycle it

takes

about three hours to dry a full load.
I have read that a heating element may partially burn out; any thoughts on
this? Could I use an ohm meter to determine the elements?
Would a cycle thermostat be the best first bet?
Any help is appreciated.
Bill

When was the last time you cleaned the vent to the outside?