Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default DAB aerial

It may work but the fact that its got just a bit of wire means its meant for
strong signal areas and one would hope it has the sensitivity to work.
However if you are getting boiling mud noises than either your signal is
rubbish or the set is.

If you could open it up and ge inside you might be able to attach a bit of
coax to the airial input and the earth to a local earth inside. Then you
could terminate it in a socket and use an outside dab aerial. However this
might...
1. be making the warrenty invalid
or
allowing an inadaquately insulated bit of metal to be touched outside the
box
or
Just be impossible to do as the aeriel input is not meant for a real aerial.
Incidentally if you attach a cloths peg to the wire and stretch it up as it
would be if it was a telescopic one does it then work? If so then there is
the answer.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"F" news@nowhere wrote in message
I've just bought a replacement radio alarm clock with DAB radio. The
radio will pick up an adequate signal in one location but not where it
needs to be.

Is there anything I can do to improve matters? The aerial is a thin wire
permanently fixed into the back of the unit.

attach a longer wire to that wire.......