Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT unless I'm missing something....

On 30/11/17 09:05, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
"jim" k wrote in message
http://www.talktechdaily.com/new-phone-system

"If you're paying for a landline, your bill may very well
skyrocket soon. There is a solution?it's replacing landlines and
much more reliable than cell phone

Snip

It?s called VoIP and it?s changing the way we use phone
services in our own homes."

Er.... Shurely shome mishtake?

VoIP IS CRAP ... and had been around for years and who would trust the
internet in an emergency ...........

Voip is in fact ,marvellous.

But I agree about trusting the internet during even a power cut.

That why you have a mobile...

--
"If you dont read the news paper, you are un-informed. If you read the
news paper, you are mis-informed."

Mark Twain