Joseph

Default A/C & Heater Replacement??

Don't forget the co detector in the mean time to be safe...

"ishtarbgl" wrote in message
m...
Thank you so much for all the advice. I am starting to gain some
knowledge that will hopefully help me here. I should qualify one
thing I mentioned earlier. I didn't mean to imply that the furnace
was 30 years old because the house is from my initial post. The
furnace was manufactured in 1985 making it right at 19 years old. I
realize this is still very old and probably on its last leg but not
30.

A previous poster asked what part of LA I am from. I live in New
Orleans.

The advice about the BBB was very good. I had not even considered
that.

Ultimately, I do know I need more information. It is just hard to
tell in the yellow pages who is good and who isn't. I'll ask around
and see if I can find a contractor that seems reliable. This is one
thing I don't really want to mess around with. If I have to pay a
slightly higher price then so be it. I just want the job done right
since heating and ac are obviously so important to any house.

Thanks again to everyone and if you have any other input please let me
know. It is appreciated.