Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default OT unless I'm missing something....

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Why would landlines go up? Old tech surely? Voip is OK but the quality of
said lines is total crap these days as corporate use them a lot and the
bandwidth gets cut to the bone. Indeed some years ago my Vonage system
would not even cope with an audio tone dialer down the line to get numbers
that worked perfectly on old tech with the same telephone handset.

I personally feel we all should be demanding better telephone bandwidth as
standard these days, the quality of the telephone is no different and
sometimes far worse than the very first telephones were. We are being sold
a pup and being ripped off in my view.
Brian

very true ....